Today I turn 39…
39…talk about “where did the time go?”
I suppose most woman might freak out about spending their last year in their 30′s but me?
Not so much.
I have to say I have indeed enjoyed my 30′s…but the 40′s?
I have to say I look at “Over the Hill” and just picture myself having been riding a bike up that hill all these years and how hard going “up hill” really is…
We all know that riding a bike “down hill” is the funnest part.
Sure it goes by really fast but it is a hoot! All that hard work riding up that hill and you just get to scream and smile all the way down till the end of it.
I feel like I wouldn’t trade in all the things I know now with being young and naive again. Heck I still have far to much to learn now!
I foresee my life over the next decade being a blast.
I remember listening to Rosie O’Donald once talking about how hard it was to be older than she remembers her mother being.
See when you have parents that die young you can’t really picture yourself much past the age they were when they died.
My parents both never made it to “old age”…so really I see myself making it to mid-50′s…now I know that this so doesn’t have to be the case…BUT I try to live everyday as if it could be the last.
I know how short this life can be.
Probably why I am always trying to learn new things and am so darn curious about…everything.
Totally the majority of the reason why I write this blog.
I know just about nothing about when I was a baby…mom just passed far to early for me to be interested in asking things like..
“What kindof baby was I?”…
“How was your pregnancy?”…
Heck I don’t even know when I started getting teeth.
If I go tomorrow I love the fact that my kiddos will always have this blog and their little lives documented. They will be able to go back and figure out what they were up to and lot of ”I remember that!” moments of our day to day life.
It’s a labor of love sharing your life with the world you know.
I am totally planning on out living my parents but just in case I don’t…
There are a few things you guys should know….
- I have loved my life…wouldn’t change a thing.
- As I woke up this morning and opened my e-mail to over 100 FB and emailed “Happy Birthday’s” I was amazed to say that I personally knew and counted each of these people as “friends”. The most amazing people I have ever met. How have I been so lucky to have a life filled with so many amazing people? Not sure…just think I have been extremely blessed and hope that I can continue to be a friend to the people in my life…I actually do value them all so much. I have no doubt that good friends are the hands down =(equal) to a good and happy life.
- Priorities…another reason why my life is so good…my family always comes first and friendship and kindness a very close second. Work? Sure it’s in there…but I am lucky enough to do something I love. I so hope to teach my children to find something they love and are passionate about and find a way to make a living at it. I am not so concerned that they have a college education (it holds half the value it once did)…I want them to make finding happiness their #1 job and if that means tossing burgers I think that is a perfectly admirable career. Just pay their own bills and be good people(and don’t live off of credit…if you can’t afford it don’t buy it)
- Bad days…yes you will ALWAYS have bad days. They are part of life. What you do with/how you handle your bad days is often more important than what you do with your good days. Find the positive…or at least the funny…parts of the bad days as much as you can and they will be shorter. Really all you can ask for when life is crap is that it is short and runs it’s course fast.
- I found “true love”…I have been so darn lucky to have had Daryl in my life. How many people really get that in their lifetime? Me…I have had it. I look at old couples…smile and hope that Daryl and I are lucky enough to grow old…real old…together. I hope my kids settle for nothing less in their own lives. Because true love is amazing when found.
Well that’s about enough serious talk for one birthday but before I head out for my “mom taxi van” driving duties today I just want to say thank you to all my amazing family and friends. I value everyone of you and as a birthday present to me….today I want you to call, e-mail, text , send smoke signals….you name it…find a friend you haven’t talked to in a longtime and just say “hi” and see how they are doing…bring a friend a coffee or make your kids teacher some cookies.
Just do one thing for someone else to make them smile today
Personally I will be digging up some herbs and spreading them around.
Plants make people happy you know…at least in my world they do.
Happy Day to everyone!
“Presents don’t really mean much to me.
I don’t want to sound mawkish,
but – it was the realization that
I have a great many people in my life who really love me,
and who I really love.”