January 1?! What the heck?
How does time keep doing that too me?
Sneaks up behind me and BAM it’s a brand new year all over again.
I have been absent from here for the last month…such things happen when you do something like this blog that is nothing but a labor of love and something you enjoy sharing with your friends.
It always gets bumped to the bottom of my “to do” list.
I shall catch y’all up with the fast version of the last month or so.
- Holiday’s happened.
- Hand surgery for my carpal tunnel happened (Yeah me! I am now able to hold a camera for long periods of time again! WOOHOO! )
- A new photography studio website just went up…with it’s own little blog (which hopefully I won’t neglect quite as badly as I do this one from time to time)
- This was my busiest Fall photography season I have had in 3-4 years and I loved every minute of it! Hoping to grow that end of my life a bit more in 2018 since Lucas is finally old enough for mom to go back a bit more full time…I really enjoy taking pretty pictures of sweet children, families and now that my hand is finally fixed I can add back weddings!
I must admit I had missed it terribly!
- I separated out my Instagram accounts to three different interests that my peeps tend to follow the most. I have found that those of you who enjoy my home/food/farm/garden life ( @bramble_hill )enjoy your own little spot while folks who follow my photography ( @tisha_lyn )tend to want to just peek at my photography…and then my fellow furry creature lovers ( @DaVincismeow ) even have a little spot just for our many fur babies over there. Funny how folks like things pretty focused over on their social media streams. I get that and don’t mind keeping it all in little organized sections.
At least that is how I look at it…”organized social media” or something like that.
- We rescued a feral kitten…who basically knocked on the front door and begged to be ours. We actually found him a home but then Lucas declared (with the biggest tears ever) “BUT HE’S MY CAT!!!”.
The cat stayed. He’s lucky he is adorable. God make them that way on purpose so it’s impossible to look into those little eyes and not fall in love.
Sums up the end of 2017 for me….oh except for the 80/20 reboot!
I will post more on that later this week but if you are following over on Facebook then you have already heard about it 😉
If you haven’t…well I have dinner to get on the table and people to get ready to go back into the real world tomorrow. It will just have to wait another day.
Happy New Year everyone! I am just going to leave this here because I suck at “New Year’s Resolutions” but I rock at intentions. I am a professional mistake maker…probably why I have no problems jumping right into new situations. I know that failure is something to learn from and the experiences one has trying new adventures, even if you fail, are just another chapter of knowledge and awesomeness.
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something.
So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever.”
– Neil Gaiman