Taking a moment to tell you folks…stop fearing tofu/soy.
Did you know that there have been updated studies proving that soy has some very redeeming qualities.
Granted anything you read needs to be recent.
The types of beneficial soy are: non-GMO/Organic Tempeh, tofu,Misi and edamame.
I try to avoid processed soy as much as possible since I am chugging along with half a Thyroid. There is still a bit of debate on how much soy intake is too much soy intake for us lucky Thyroid folks but most seem to agree that good quality forms of soy on occasion may actually have benefit.
Which makes me happy because I heart tofu when cooked correctly😜
As promised…recipe time!
- Firm tofu cut into tiny squares (I love the Wildwood baked teriyaki tofu personally. I pick it up at Whole Foods)
- Quinoa (as much as you would like)
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Peppers (bell and Jalapeño)
- 1 chopped Squash
- 1 chopped Zucchini
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Lemon
- Salt/pepper/cayenne pepper/Braggs Sea Kelp seasoning (to taste)
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Sauté the tofu, peppers, onions and garlic in a splash of olive oil and soy sauce.
- Once soft add chopped squash and zucchini.
- Cook the Quinoa at the same time.
- When finished throw it all in a bowl and add the chopped basil and parsley and squeeze a few lemon wedges on top.
This one doesn’t disappoint❤️