I started off the morning thinking I would make us one thing but then Lucas and I ventured out to check on the garden…
Where we ended up with a basket full of Swiss Chard, herbs, beets and one carrot.
The menu changed after that.
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 4-6 thin cut swiss chard leaves
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 handful of fresh chopped parsley
- Handful of walnuts, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (your choice)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons ground Ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Can't get any easier than this...throw the salad fixings in a big old bowl.
- Make the dressing in a jar and pour over top.